Busill Jones Primary has a family support service at the door step of your school.
Being a parent/carer brings many challenges throughout your child's life, We are here to support your every need by offering a professional and a non-judgmental service.
All work carried out is in line with Busill Jones Primary's Safeguarding procedures and policies. We work closely with Walsall Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).
We offer a variety of support within all areas of emotional and social development for children as well as their parents. Our aim is to ensure your child is happy, safe and thriving within the school.
Some of the areas of support on offer for you and your child are:
Positive social groups for children
Raise awareness of bullying
Raise awareness of internet safety
Tailored packages to support individual needs of children
Access to training and employment
Refer parents to Services within Walsall
Developing groups for parents within the School, such as open coffee mornings, parent programmes and Family sessions from 0 to rising 4s.
Our team advocate and take the lead on Early Help support. Click the PDF to view our Early Help Policy
Early Help means providing support as soon as possible to build family resilience and well-being. It is our duty to work with children, young people and their families to keep them safe, build on strengths, reduce risk and prevent problems from escalating.
Early Help Offers:
· The voice of your child will be sought at all stages with appropriate respect given to age, developmental stage and levels of understanding
· Identifying family needs in an holistic way, from the basis that the needs of children, young people, parents/carers in a family are holistically linked
· Offering a family support worker to advocate your story and needs
· Creating interventions following actions from a completed assessment
· Ensuring you are informed through the whole process
· Inviting specialist services to support your needs
· Agreeing a closure when actions are met with you
· Raising your child’s voice through an outcome star
· Supporting you to take positive control of your life and family
Please feel free to speak to any of the team if you require more information
We also work closely with partners in the community and children's services to identify the right support and intervention that can meet the needs of your child and family where additional help is needed.
Our service is available to you throughout the day, all you need to do is call in and ask to speak to Mrs Tolley.
We always offer a listening ear.
Click to read our Early Help Policy
Visit our Family Liaison page for updates, newsletters and information that you may find helpful